Table of Contents
Disney+ is one of the most popular streaming services today, along with Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max. And we all know how great their content is since Disney has long been an entertainment powerhouse, even before Netflix started. Since Disney+ has a lot of classic and new shows and movies, we all want to watch them on the big screen — but not all of us have smart TVs. Thankfully, streaming devices like Google Chromecast allow us to use our favorite streaming services on a larger screen.
In this article, we will be sharing a step-by-step guide on how you can use Google Chromecast to watch Disney+ on your TV from your mobile phone or PC/laptop.
What Is Google Chromecast?
Google Chromecast is a streaming device that you connect to your TV and your mobile device (phone, tablet, laptop, or PC) so you can cast streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Go Latino TV, Prime Video, and more. It works similarly to the Amazon Fire TV Stick and Roku Streaming Stick, where it’s literally just plug and play. You just need a fast internet connection like fiber internet and an active streaming subscription, and you’ll be able to enjoy watching your favorite shows and movies.
Here’s how to set up Google Chromecast on your TV:
- Connect the USB side of the Chromecast dongle to your TV and the other to a power source.
- Connect your Chromecast to your WiFi
- Download and open the Google Home app.
- Look at the bottom of the screen and tap Devices
- Tap Add, then select New Device
- If it’s your first time, you will need to create a home. Just label it as you like and tap Next.
- The screen will say, “Looking for devices.” Wait for it to detect your Chromecast.
- Once it is detected, pair them.
Make sure to connect to the same WiFi as your Chromecast whenever you want to cast a video. That’s pretty much it. Whenever you open a streaming service and the Chromecast is plugged in, you’ll be able to cast your screen to your TV.
What Is Disney+?
Disney+ is a relatively new streaming service that houses movies and TV shows from Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, and many more. It doesn’t have a library that’s as extensive as Netflix’s since they only have specific content they show, but most content, if not all, are definitely worth watching.
We’ve recently binge-watched the Marvel movies in chronological order in the past month, and it’s a great feeling, especially now that The Marvels is already showing in the cinemas. There’s that and many more. You can also watch all episodes of The Walking Dead and Grey’s Anatomy — two legendary TV series that many people love.
How to Watch Disney+ on TV Using Google Chromecast
Generally, there are three different ways to cast Disney+ to your TV using Chromecast. We’ll be providing two methods on how you can cast Disney+ using Google Chromecast, one from the PC/web and one from your mobile phone.
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to www.apps.disneyplus.com
- Choose the content you want to watch
- Go to the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen beside your photo
- Click Cast
- A pop-up will show. Select your Chromecast device.
- Play the movie and TV show
From your phone:
- Open your Disney+ app
- Select the movie or TV show you want to watch
- Look for the cast button on the upper right corner of the screen
- Select your Chromecast device
- Play the movie or TV show
Is Google Chromecast Worth Buying?
Yes, but only if you don’t have a smart TV. If you’re being cost-efficient, you won’t really need Google Chromecast or any streaming service for that matter. Many people just use these streaming sticks or dongles because their TV doesn’t have these popular streaming apps, and of course, buying one of these devices is much cheaper than buying a new TV.
It’s also portable, so you can easily bring this device from one place to the other. So whenever you’re traveling, and you’re not sure if your accommodation has a smart TV, you can bring this so you can still watch your favorite shows and movies on a larger screen. You can even bring it to your office so you can hold a movie session with your co-workers. After all, all you’ll need is a functional TV, your active subscription, and fast internet for office use like HughesNet Business Internet.
Can You Use Your Device while Casting a Video on Chromecast?
Definitely! It’s not like you’re sharing your entire device with your TV. Once you hit play, you’ll be able to use your laptop, tablet, phone, or other device as you would normally. You can send texts, check your email, watch videos on your social media feed, and more. Just make sure to keep the tab or the app open.
Tips to Keep Your Google Chromecast Operating Smoothly
While using Google Chromecast to stream Disney+ on your TV is usually easy and smooth, you may encounter occasional glitches or connectivity issues. Fortunately, these issues are easy to fix, so don’t panic and keep these in mind:
- Before casting, it’s ideal to check your internet connection since it requires a fast, stable connection for this to work.
- If you suddenly can’t connect, try restarting your Chromecast by unplugging it and waiting for a few seconds, then plug it back in.
- Keep your Google Home App updated. Outdated versions usually cause issues with the latest Chromecast firmware.
- Also keep your Disney+ app updated to prevent compatibility issues.
- Check for interference and make sure your Chromecast is placed in an open area for the best connectivity.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how to use Google Chromecast to watch Disney+, you’ll be able to watch and enjoy all the movies and TV shows on a bigger screen compared to your mobile phone or laptop. Remember, you have to connect your Chromecast and the device you want to cast to the same WiFi network. Otherwise, it won’t work. Good luck!