In this article, we will learn How To Install macOS 13 Ventura on VMWare. We have provided all the links to download the macOS Ventura ISO file for VMWare, macOS Unlocker for VMWare, and official VMWare.
If you are a MAC user, you can simply download macOS Ventura DMG file and directly install it on your system. For Windows users, this guide will help you install macOS 13 Ventura on VMWare on your Windows PC.
Things Required to Install macOS Ventura on VMWare on Windows PC.
- Enable virtualization of your Windows 11 PC
- Download and Install VMWare on your Windows PC
- Download & Install macOS Unlocker For Vmware Workstation/Player
- Download macOS Ventura ISO File
Step by Step Guide:
1. Enable virtualization of your Windows 11 PC. Here is a guide you can use: How to Enable Virtualization in Windows 11? Easy Guide
2. Install VMWare Workstation and Install macOS Unlocker.
Here is a complete video tutorial that you can use:
3. Download macOS Ventura ISO File
4. Open VMWare and click Create a new virtual machine.
5. Select I will Install the Operating System later and click Next.
6. Select Mac Apple OS X and in version, select macOS 13 and click Next.
7. Enter a name for your virtual machine (in my case: macOS 13) and click Next.
8. Specify the size, keep anything above 80GB.
9. Click Customize Hardware.
10. Keep memory in the desired range and set processors to 4.
11. Under New CD/DVD (Sata), click on Use ISO Image file and then browse and add your macOS Ventura ISO file that you downloaded above.
12. Click close.
13. Click Finish and Close your VMWare and browse to the directory where you have created your macOS 13 virtual machine.
14. Right-click on .vmx file and select Edit with Notepad.
15. At the end type smc.version = “0”.
16. Search for Ethernet0.VirtualDev = “e1000e” and replace e1000e with vmxnet3 and save the file.
16. Open your VMWare again and start your machine.
17. The process will take some time and wait for the apple logo to appear.
18. Now, you can simply proceed with the installation of macOS Ventura 13.
The following steps of personalizing your macOS Ventura can be seen in the below video tutorial. You can follow all the steps in the video and process with the installation of macOS 13 Ventura on VMWare.
Frequently faced errors: (Updated 20/06/2022)
1. Stuck in a boot loop
If you are stuck in a boot loop. Go to your VM settings -> Options -> General -> Change Guest Operating System to Microsoft Windows.
If your VM restarts with the installation process again and you are stuck in a loop. For those stuck on boot loop, wait like 5/7 boot loops, after it will stop (intel processor).
2. I am using the macOS Ventura VMDK file. What is the password for the account “Vaibhav Gupta”?
The password for my account is 0904.
If you face any issues, here is the complete video tutorial.
Conclusion: macOS 13 Ventura on VMWare
I hope this guide on How To Install macOS 13 Ventura on VMWare was easy and helpful. If you face any issues, please comment down below.
If you face any issues with VMWare, you can run it on VMWare. Here is the guide: Install macOS 13 Ventura on VirtualBox
I am trying to erase the disk on Disk Utility to install the OS on VMware, but I got this error, what to do?
The operation on file “C:\Users\mariu\OneDrive\Documents\Virtual Machines\macOS 13\macOS 13.vmdk” failed.
If the file resides on a remote file system, make sure that the network connection and the server where this disk resides are functioning properly. If the file resides on removable media, reattach the media.
Select Retry to attempt the operation again.
Select Cancel to power off the virtual machine.
Select Continue to forward the error to the guest operating system.
You have stored the file in cloud storage like one drive.
Kindly move it to your primary HDD and then complete the setup again.
Thanks, Ruby! It was a hilarious mistake, kind of pathetic, but for those, who is struggling with this problem: it works beautifully.
after finish all the steps. i started the macOS13 and arrived to where it says: “Select the disk where you want to install macOS” but there isn’t any option to select 🙁
what can be wrong?
You need to select the already created HDD and then proceed.
He forgot a reqired step in the instructions: You must go into Disk Utility before install. Select the VM disk and Erase it. Then, go to install and you have a disk to select.
thank you this helped me!
I try to install mac os Ventura on VMware after doing the tutorial of installing and turning on mac os on VMWare it inter me to the recovery page and there is no option to skip this step what can I do?
Can you send a screenshot to [email protected]?
Hi my mac os vm doenst have an internet connection even when connecting network adaptor trough removable devices kindly please help
It’s working but there’s a lot of lag in the VM. Video memory is only at 3mb and can’t find a way to add more. Is 3d acceleration supported? Also, It’s not letting me install the VMware tools. Any pointers are highly appreciated. Regards!
If you experience problems with a amd proccesor like the apple logo and nothing happens add this to the vmx file:
cpuid.0.eax = “0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:1011”
cpuid.0.ebx = “0111:0101:0110:1110:0110:0101:0100:0111”
cpuid.0.ecx = “0110:1100:0110:0101:0111:0100:0110:1110”
cpuid.0.edx = “0100:1001:0110:0101:0110:1110:0110:1001”
cpuid.1.eax = “0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:0111:0001”
cpuid.1.ebx = “0000:0010:0000:0001:0000:1000:0000:0000”
cpuid.1.ecx = “1000:0010:1001:1000:0010:0010:0000:0011”
cpuid.1.edx = “0000:0111:1000:1011:1111:1011:1111:1111”
smbios.reflectHost = “TRUE”
hw.model = “MacBookPro14,3”
board-id = “Mac-551B86E5744E2388”
failed to start the virtual machine after adding the above scripit
You must be missing something.
What is the state of the machine when you click start?
The additional script works for my AMD, remember to replace with the correct ” “, copy and paste wont copy exactly.
smc.version = “0” not correct is smc.version = 0 then the virtual machine run ok
Legend! This works!
thanks for the tutorial but it keeps bootlooping in the second part of the setup. I’m runnning vmware 17, and I patched it with the unlocker.
Try running Version 16.
Mouse not moving :(. unable to install
hello, have macos13 with vmware after instruction everything get, thanks for that. now I have the problem that the vmware window is much too small and also can not be pulled larger. anyone an idea?
After the machine boots up after a while i get the screen with a circle with a line through it, what can i do to resolve it?
smc.version = “0” , try smc.version = 0
I am using VMWare Player 15. After unlocking it, I am not getting option to select macOS 13. It gives options to select version upto macOS 10.15 only.
You need to use the latest version of VMWare.