Table of Contents
Apple has introduced an exciting new feature in iOS 17, enabling iPhone users to locate their Apple Watch using their smartphones effortlessly. By utilizing a feature known as “ping,” you can generate a sound from your Apple Watch, making it easier to find if it’s hidden nearby. In this article, we will guide you on how to use this feature.
Setting up the ‘Ping My Watch’ Feature
Follow these steps to set up the ‘Ping My Watch’ feature in your iPhone’s Control Center:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Control Center.“
- In the “More Controls” section, scroll down until you see “Ping My Watch.”
- Click the “+” button next to “Ping My Watch” to add it to your Control Center.
Using ‘Ping My Watch’ to Locate Your Apple Watch
Now that you have added ‘Ping My Watch’ to your Control Center, you can use it to find your Apple Watch. Here’s how:
- Access your Control Center. If you’re using an iPhone with Face ID, swipe down from the screen’s upper-right corner. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen for iPhones with the Touch ID/Home button.
- Click on the ‘Ping My Watch’ icon. Your Apple Watch will make a beeping sound, helping you locate it.
What to Do If ‘Ping My Watch’ Option is Missing
If the “Ping My Watch” option is missing under “More Controls,” it indicates that your iPhone is running an outdated version of iOS. To use the ‘Ping My Watch‘ feature, it is recommended that you update your device to the latest available iOS version.
Here is a guide you can use- How to Safely Download and Install iOS 17 Beta on Your iPhone
Understanding How ‘Ping My Watch’ Works
The ‘Ping My Watch‘ feature sends a Bluetooth signal from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. The range of Bluetooth is typically around 10 meters, but it can vary based on environmental conditions. Surfaces may reflect or scatter Bluetooth signals, affecting the communication range.
It’s important to note that your Apple Watch will only beep once when using the ‘Ping My Watch‘ feature. If you don’t find the device on your first try, you must continue pressing the ‘Ping My Watch’ button until you locate your watch.