The first beta version of iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 became available on February 1 (for developers only) and included many changes, new features, and improvements for iPhone and iPad users. Moreover, the innovations affected both the improvement of user privacy and the interface of the system itself. One of the most talked-about features unlocked iPhone if a user has an Apple Watch and wrist recognition, which is very important in a pandemic and wearing masks. But there are many other improvements that you can’t ignore.
IOS 14.5 has a lot of new features, which is even unexpected
How to install iOS 14.5 beta?
iOS 14.5 beta 1 has a build number 18E5140j… Developers can already update from iOS 14.4 via the Settings app. Just open the Settings app, select General, then click Software Update. The rest will have to either wait for the public beta, which will soon become available or use the iOS 14.5 beta profile, which has already been posted on the Web:
The beta developer profile is available to any user
- Go to “Settings” – “Profile loaded”;
- Install the profile and download the update via “Software Update.”
In addition to iOS and iPadOS, new betas are also available for watchOS and tvOS:
- iOS 14.5 beta 1 for developers, build number – 18E5140j;
- iPadOS 14.5 beta 1 for developers, build number – 18E5140j;
- watchOS 7.4 beta 1, build number – 18T5144k;
- tvOS 14.5 beta 1, build number – 18L5149j…
What’s new in iOS 14.5?
Among the main global innovations in iOS 14.5, it is worth noting the following.
- Supports 5G with dual SIM worldwide.
- A credit score in Wallet app (the US only).
- A mention was found in Apple Card Family, Apple Family Banking Service (the US only).
- Added support for unlocking iPhone with Apple Watch if the user is wearing a mask.
- Support for streaming Apple Fitness + workouts using AirPlay 2.
What’s new in iOS 14.5 beta 1?
But the functions that will be available to everyone and are more design innovations. For example, a new interface in the Watch app and the Settings app when checking for new software versions.
You can also read: Download iOS 14.5 Beta 1. What’s new with iOS 14.5 Beta 1?
Now, if you have no new versions, such a window will be shown.
The Podcasts app has undergone several small user interface changes.
Podcasts app redesigned
New interfaces for typing with Siri and sending messages with Siri.
Siri interface updated
New “Hey Siri, Call Emergency” feature.
Supports using Xbox Series S / X and PlayStation 5 controllers with iPhone and iPad.
The Reminders app now supports sorting by date, priority, title, and other criteria.
You can * finally * sort lists in the Reminders app in iOS 14.5. Multiple sorting options included. Printing support has been added as well. pic.twitter.com/aD9OG3gGJ0
– Federico Viticci (@viticci) February 1, 2021
The Apple News app also saw notable design changes, including a redesigned News + tab and a completely new search menu at the bottom.
Not the most relevant innovation but also interesting!
iPadOS 14.5 introduced a horizontal loading screen.
iPadOS is turning into macOS?
If you notice any more changes in iOS 14.5 beta or other new beta releases from Apple, write in the comments section below. We will update the material as new features are discovered.