Apple has unveiled tvOS 17, an update that brings significant improvements and exciting new features to Apple TV. With a redesigned Control Center, FaceTime integration, built-in VPN support, and enhanced Siri Remote finding capabilities, tvOS 17 aims to provide a more enjoyable and interactive experience for users and their families. Here’s how to install the tvOS 17 beta on your Apple TV.
Installing the tvOS 17 Beta
The first developer beta of tvOS 17 is now available, and Apple has made it free for developers with Apple Developer access. Follow these steps to install the beta version on your Apple TV:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to “System” and select it.
- Choose “Software Updates” from the menu.
- Select “Get Beta Updates.”
- If you were already on the tvOS 16 Developer beta, you might need to disable access to the beta, then re-enable it to see the tvOS 17 Beta option.
- Once the tvOS 17 Beta option appears, select it to initiate the installation process.
Please note that beta versions may contain bugs and stability issues, so installing them on secondary devices or non-primary Apple TVs is recommended.
Share Your Feedback
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this major update if you’re testing or planning to test the tvOS 17 beta. Which new feature interests you the most? Share your experiences and opinions in the comments section below. Your feedback will contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of tvOS 17.