Every person dreams of protecting his gadget from damage, therefore, when buying a smartphone, he agrees to gluing special protection. For example, a hydrogel film that is applied to a screen.
A hydrogel film is a type of silicone with impurities or additives of various chemical compounds. This makes the material flexible and elastic, it clings to your fingers, and protects the screen from minor damage and scratches. But such a film will not withstand collisions with hard surfaces and objects.
Due to its softness, small grooves from nails, locks, jackets, keys, key chains, areas with air remain on the hydrogel film (appear when the film is glued to the smartphone screen).
Despite this, the material is very popular with users and various companies involved in the production of mobile gadgets. On sale, the material is found in the form of open or closed covers, with buttons, with holes. There are also ordinary films glued to the screen.
- The material is not toxic at all, therefore it does not pose any harm to human health.
- The film or case fully reproduces the brightness of the screen colors; there is no distortion or haze.
- Places of film deformation quickly restore their previous shape.
- The surface of the material can be wiped with alcohol or other means designed to combat dirt and grease.
- The film does not leave the user’s fingerprints, which are often visible on protective glasses.
- Minimal exposure to sunlight and moisture, which extends the life of the film.
- Absorbs bright light.
- The material is much thinner than other screen protectors.
- It is impossible to tear the hydrogel film, despite its external flakiness.
How to glue the film correctly: instructions
Such protection is quickly and easily placed on the screen. Even if it was not applied correctly, it can be removed and re-applied.
Experts advise to glue the film on the windowsill in the apartment using a lamp if the application of protection occurs in the evening or at night. It is important that the lamp illuminates the work area as well as the screen surface.
- Wipe the screen with a napkin that comes with the film. There should be no streaks, grease or dirt on the surface.
- There is a “tongue” on the film that will allow you to peel off the film from the protection.
- Bring it to the phone screen.
- It is necessary to aim and evenly apply the material to the surface of the gadget.
- The first touch point should be in the middle of the screen.
- If the film lies flat, then the gluing process can be continued further.
- Get the scraper that comes with the kit. If not, then a plastic card will do. Such an object is needed to smooth the film and remove bubbles. There should not be too many of them, otherwise the film will have to be peeled off and reapplied.
A small amount of bubbles is not a problem, they will disappear on their own after a couple of hours when the air has left.
In terms of strength, the film is inferior to protective glasses, which perfectly withstand impact, including in extreme situations. The hydrogel film is suitable for gadgets whose owners are office workers, teachers, students, schoolchildren. But athletes, builders, specialists working in extreme situations need to refuse to use such material.
What method of protecting the screen of your gadget do you use?