“JBL” is a popular brand among many fans of listening to music and watching films. But in order for the devices of this company to always please with the quality of work, you need to regularly update the firmware.
How do I know what version of software a JBL speaker has?
It is important to determine the version of the installed firmware before updating. It’s not that hard to figure out, just hold down the volume down and connect buttons for a few seconds.
After this operation, a small hint will appear, which will indicate the firmware number.
How do I update the JBL firmware?
- You need to install the “JBL Connect” application on your smartphone, after starting which you need to select your speaker in the menu.
- Connect the speaker system to your phone via Bluetooth.
- After connecting, you need to return to the application, in which there will be an icon with an exclamation mark on the top right. It indicates that there are updates that can be started.
- Then a hint will appear on the phone screen about the need to connect the speaker to the power source, which will need to be done.
- It may take up to 20 minutes to update the firmware after all operations. Upon completion of the process, a successful update message appears.
- To activate the new version, you need to restart the columns.
What problems can there be after the update and how to solve them?
Degradation of the audio signal quality can be a problem. The speaker may produce low quality sound after the upgrade. There are several reasons for this.
- The user has a non-original JBL speaker system. It is possible that a fake has fallen into the hands, so in order to improve the sound, you just have to buy a new and original speaker.
- It may also be that either the update was installed incorrectly, or the wrong firmware version was installed. In this case, it is important to change the firmware version or restart the update. You need to act carefully, since the column can turn into a lifeless device.
But the most reasonable solution would be to contact a service center. Employees of this organization will help users fix all installation errors of the new version, point out the reasons and suggest solutions. Therefore, if you have doubts about the possibility of eliminating all problems with the column on your own, it is recommended to contact the service specialists.
Have you updated your JBL firmware? Tell us how it was, what problems did you encounter, how did you fix them?