Over time, the Windows 10 system deteriorates from being clogged with unnecessary files, a broken registry and requires you to Speed Up Windows 10. Probably the most high-quality and tangible way is to reinstall the windows 10 system itself. Still, we will try to go through the system settings as much as possible to disable unnecessary and clean unnecessary to speed up Windows 10.
Let’s start with the Number of unnecessary programs at startup of windows 10. We see in the picture that half of the loaded programs at startup are unnecessary. Disable them to speed up the Windows 10 system boot itself. This will help you to speed up Windows 10 at startup.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons and go to the Startup tab.
- Disable unnecessary programs for us. You can see on google what the program is, what it is responsible for, if anyone does not know.
Loads on all processor cores
We will increase the load on the processor when it is turned on. The default is to boot from one core. We will increase the number of cores, which will speed up Windows 10. With this process, you will speed up the loading time on Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R and enter MSConfig in the field.
- Go to the BOOT tab.
- Extra options.
- Check the Number of processors box.
- We select the penultimate value. (if there is a 5-core processor, then we put 4 cores).
Disk fragmentation is an essential thing in the system. After defragmenting, mainly the HDD, you will speed up Windows 10 computer or laptop. Related: How To Free Up Disk Space And Clean C Drive? 7 Tips
- Right-click on the local disk, select properties.
- Tools tab.
- We click to optimize on each local disk and wait for the end of the procedure.
Remove unnecessary applications
Windows 10 has so-called classic and modern applications. Classic – these are ordinary programs installed on a computer with a “.exe” installer. Modern – these are UWP applications installed from the Windows store with the extension “.appx.” We remove applications we do not need. All these unnecessary applications result in speed downgrade and when they are removed it will automatically speed up Windows 10.
- All parameters.
- Applications and features.
- We remove applications we do not need.
When you have installed a UWP game or program, you will receive notifications. These notifications can create micro lags for your PC or laptop. You can disable unnecessary notifications and speed up Windows 10.
- We go into the system Settings.
- We select “System.”
- We are looking for the line “Notifications and actions.”
- With the right, disable the slider on the applications we do not need.
Disable background apps
Some applications: weather, news, etc., work on their own even when you don’t run them. By disabling such applications, you will speed up your computer or laptop with Windows 10. Go to the system settings:
- Background apps
- Disable those that we do not need: games, programs.
Disable Indexing Service
Windows Search- Indexing service for searching folders and files. Suppose you have organized folders and files on your computer, and you know where which folder or file is located. In that case, you can disable the indexing service, thereby increasing the speed of Windows 10.
- Open the Run window – press Windows key + R or just type Run in the Search bar.
- Type services.msc and press Enter or click OK.
- Disable indexing on local drives
- Right-click on the local drive “C” and select properties.
- In the General tab, uncheck the “Allow content indexing …” checkbox.
Disable menu transparency
Removing transparency will add some more boost to the windows 10 optimization. Go to Settings > Personalization > Colors .
- Select the Colors row and on the right, drag the slider to disable Transparency Effects.
Remove special effects
From the days of Windows XP, the right old way will help us add a little power and speed up Windows 10.
- 1. Click in Explorer (my computer) on an empty field with the right mouse button and select properties.
- 2. On the left, click on Advanced system settings.
- 3. Go to the Advanced tab.
- 4. Performance in the same tab settings.
- 5. In the visual effects tab, select Provide best performance.
Running maintenance tasks
The built-in utility will help identify the causes of system failures and automatically fix them, thereby speeding up a computer or laptop with windows 10. Related: How To Change Or Disable Automatic Windows 10 Maintenance
- Open Control Panel> Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Start Maintenance.
- At the very bottom, click Run maintenance tasks and follow the tips in the window that appears.