Table of Contents
In this article, we will share the best working methods to run iOS Apps on Android.
In the smartphone world, we know that users are divided based on their operating system. In terms of popularity, we currently only have two operating systems: iOS and Android.
It is also seen that there are die-hard fans of both operating systems, and they will not use the other one. However, not everyone is like them, and these users like to use some apps from iOS and some from Android.
But that is sadly not possible because both iOS and Android work on totally different platforms, so cross-connectivity is not possible.
However, we do have a solution for those who want to run iOS apps on Android. Yes, it is possible to run iOS apps on Android using a few methods that we will share in this article below.
You can also read: Top Apps for Teens in 2021 for IOS and Android
How to Run iOS Apps on Android
The methods we will share with you on how to run iOS apps on Android are based on emulators. One thing to note is that Android devices allow you to use an emulator, while iOS doesn’t.
An emulator is a virtual machine that emulates the actual device. We currently have emulators for Windows, macOS, and iOS.
While using an emulator, you will feel like you are using an actual iPhone, even when you are using an Android device.
Method 1: Appetize.io (browser-based emulator)
The best part about this iOS emulator is that you do not need to install it on your phone because it is based on the browser, and you can easily run iOS Apps on Android.
So all you have to do is visit the website, and you will get the same look and feel as if you are using an iOS device, and that too on your device natively.
- First, open your phone’s browser, such as Google Chrome.
- Type the website URL Appetize.io in the address bar of your browser.
- Once the website loads, you will see an iOS device and a button that says “Click to Play.”
- On clicking that button, your iOS device will be ready, and you can play around with the device as you like.
- To use an iOS app, you can upload the file directly to this website, which will appear inside the emulator.
The best part about Appetize.io is that you do not need to download this app on your Android device, which reduces the risk of something harmful getting inside the phone.
Other than that, it runs on any Android device, whether the latest one or a few years old, because it is browser-based and doesn’t require a specific Android version.
Method 2: iEMU Emulator
The best iOS emulator out there right now in the market is the iEMU emulator, which works on most Android devices. This is currently the easiest method to run iOS Apps on Android.
We must note that the emulator is no longer supported by its developers, which means that the support for installing apps is gone.
But if you want to play around with an iOS device and use it on your Android device, then you can do so with this emulator.
You only need to download and install the .apk file on your Android device, run the emulator, and play around with your virtual iOS device.
- So, first of all, go to this link and download the iEMU emulator application.
- Once you have downloaded the application, install it on your Android device.
- You may be required to grant permission to install third-party applications on your Android device.
- Go to your Android phone’s Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Special app access -> Install unknown apps.
- Enable installation of unknown apps, and you can now install the iEMU emulator on your Android phone.
- Once the emulator is installed, run the application and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After completing the process, you will see an iOS emulator on your Android phone.
- You can open the default apps, and it will look and feel like you have a real iPhone.
1. Will I get a full iOS experience on Android?
Sorry, but no. Emulators won’t give you the full iOS experience; only an Android device can do that.
2. Why aren’t iOS apps compatible with Android?
Android and iOS are different enough for developers to create separate apps for both platforms. This is because the hardware and software differences mean an app made for Android devices won’t always work on iOS devices, and vice versa.
3. What can be the other solutions?
If you like certain iOS apps but don’t have an iOS device, you may consider purchasing an older, refurbished iOS device. They can cost hundreds of dollars less than their brand-new counterparts and are often unboxed – so they are less likely to break. For example, you can buy a refurbished iPhone 5s for $74.
We have shared with you the best methods to run iOS apps on Android, and our suggestion would be to visit Appetize.io and run the browser-based emulator instead of downloading any application on your device.
So, thanks to the above apps, it’s now easier to run iOS apps on Android. Not all work units are compatible with Android phones, but you can find out by trial & error if they are compatible.
It is also worth noting that an emulator won’t provide you with the whole experience of using an iOS device, but you will at least get the feel of things with an emulator.
Also, emulators are primarily for developers who have their apps both on Android and iOS and want to test their apps on both platforms virtually.
If possible, you can also buy an older iPhone to run your favorite iOS apps on it because the best way to use an iOS app is on an iPhone only.