To make WhatsApp more secure, you can set a password on the app or use other security methods. We will tell you what blocking options the messenger offers and how to activate them.
Blocking access to WhatsApp
There are several features in WhatsApp settings that can be activated to prevent unauthorized access to your messages. Depending on what options your smartphone supports, they may change.
Launch WhatsApp and open settings. On Android, click the three dots in the upper right corner, and then click Settings. On the iPhone, select the settings icon in the lower right corner.
Select the section “Account” (“Account”), and then go to the “Privacy” menu.
You can find the item “Fingerprint lock” or “Screen lock” in the privacy settings at the bottom of the page. Different options may be available here, depending on what security options your smartphone supports. Click on the option that appears on your device.
Turn on this feature by moving the slider. After that, more customization options will appear. You can choose after what time the blocking should occur: immediately, after a minute, or after half an hour. If you select the first option, then the application will be blocked as soon as you exit it and ask you to put your finger on the scanner when you reopen it.
How to set up two-factor authentication on WhatsApp?
In addition to the blocking that will need to be removed when opening WhatsApp, two-factor authentication will make the app even more secure. When setting up WhatsApp on your smartphone, you will need to set a PIN to prevent people with unauthorized access to your SIM card from installing and using your WhatsApp.
- Launch WhatsApp and open “Settings.”
- Select “Account” and then click “Two-Step Verification.”
- Click “Enable” to start configuration.
- When configuring, you must first enter a six-digit PIN and then confirm it.
- You will then have the option to enter an email address to access WhatsApp if you forget your PIN.
- Confirm your email again, and the setup will be complete. From now on, WhatsApp will ask for a PIN for every setup. Also, the program will regularly ask you for your password so that you don’t forget it.