In this guide, you’ll learn how to make the most of the new widgets built into macOS Big Sur. We will also guide you on how to manage widgets on macOS Big Sur.
One of the new features of macOS Big Sur is about widgets, which now turn out to be much more useful and visually fulfilling than in the past. Managing widgets on macOS Big Sur is really easy. With 2-3 clicks, you can easily manage widgets on macOS Big Sur.
Also, here are the Best Widgets for macOS Big Sur: Top 20 for Everyday Use.
In macOS Big Sur, widgets are located in the Notification Center, the removable panel from the right side of the screen by clicking on date and time in the menu bar. If you have a trackpad, you can access the Action Center by swiping from right to left.
Action Center collects both notifications that arrive on macOS and widgets, with the former at the top and seconds below. By default, notifications will be grouped, while default widgets will mostly be shown in a collection selected by Apple, including Weather and Calendar.
Just like their iOS counterparts, macOS widgets can be added, moved, removed, and resized.
Manage widgets on macOS Big Sur: Things you can do.
How to reorder widgets in macOS Big Sur?
- Open the action center, then click and drag the widget from one location to another.
- Alternatively, click Choose Widget at the bottom of the Action Center, drag the widget from one point to another, and then click Finish.
How to add widgets in macOS Big Sur?
- Open action center, scroll all the way through and click Edit Widget.
- On the editing page, select the app in the left column. You can use the search box to narrow down the list.
- If there are various alternatives, scroll and find the type of widget you want to use from the center column.
- If necessary, use the S, M, and L keys to change the widget size.
- Click the ” + “symbol or select and drag the new widget from center to right
- Place the new widget in the list, and then click Finish.
How to remove widgets in macOS Big Sur?
- Open the action center and click Choose widgets.
- Click the minus button next to the widget you want to remove.
- Click Finish.
- Alternatively, right-click a widget and select Remove Widget.
How to change the size of widgets?
Not all widgets are available in the same size. Depending on your needs, you may want to use a larger or smaller widget. Many widgets are distributed in three different sizes: small, medium, or large. Each dimension is indicated with the respective button: S, M, and L.
This choice can be made either when adding the widget as seen before or by clicking the right mouse button on the widget already added, then selecting the new dimension.
The “Small” (S) dimension is a square that occupies the smallest possible space in the Notification Center. You can have two small widgets side by side in the list, and it’s the only size that allows it.
“Medium” (M) takes up the space of two small widgets side by side. “Large” (L) is the largest, square-shaped widget, occupying the space of four small widgets or two medium-sized widgets.
Usually, the bigger the widget, the more information is provided. For example, the Podcast widget’s scaled-down version shows the currently playing podcast or the latest podcast on the list. The media version shows more details about the podcast episode’s title and shows two podcast lists, while the large version shows four podcasts.
You can also read: How to Speed Up macOS Big Sur? 7 Easy Methods
How to Customize single widgets?
In addition to being able to change the size to determine what information a widget should show, you can also adjust the type of information displayed. This feature is only available for some widgets.
- Open action center.
- Right-click the widget and select Edit Widget if the option is available.
- The widget will show more customization options.
- When you’re done customizing, click Finish.
Conclusion: Manage widgets on macOS Big Sur
Now you know all the features to better Manage widgets on macOS Big Sur. If you feel any issues with managing your widgets on macOS Big Sur. Feel free to comment down below.