Table of Contents
In this article, we will learn how to install macOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox on Windows.
I am sure the process isn’t easy and works for everyone. You might face these common errors when installing MacOS X On VirtualBox On Windows- Here is a complete guide to help you fix those errors. Complete Guide To Fix VirtualBox Errors While Installing macOS X
MacOS X El Capitan is one of the best-operating systems such as Mac and Macintosh, MacOS X EL is the major release of macOS X. that may support desktop and server operating systems for Macintosh systems. It is the successor to OS X Yosemite and focuses on its safety and functionality of it. macOS X El Capitan premiered in 2015 as a WWDC keynote.
System Requirements to Install MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox:
- MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
- iMac Mini
- Mac Guru
Install MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox
Step 1: Before installing macOS X El Capitan on Virtualbox, you have to download and install VirtualBox. Here is a video tutorial that you can use:
Remember 1 thing VirtualBox and VMware Workstation is also an essential tool for Virtualization. Thus, you cannot run both of these machines at the same. Otherwise, you’ll face unique types of a problem during installation. And you can download the requirement in the below link.
Step 2: After downloading the image file, you must extract that because WinRAR compresses that. To Extract that from compress, you require WinRAR or even 7Zip. After that, right-click and select Extract Here.
Step 3: After you have successfully installed VirtualBox on your PC. Open VirtualBox and Click on New.
- Enter the name of your Virtual machine. Under type, select macOS X. Once done, click next.
- Choose the amount of Memory (RAM) for Virtual machines. At least select two GB of RAM 4096 and click Next.
- Select use an existing virtual hard disk file.
- Select the image file of MacOS X El Capitan that you downloaded above and click on the “Open“.
- Once the image file is selected, click Create.
Step 4: Edit the virtual machine settings.
- After you successfully created the virtual machine. Click on Settings, and make the following changes.
- Click on Motherboard, select the base memory to 5134, and uncheck the Floppy disk. Now, click on the Processor tab, and increase it to 4.
- Go to the Screen tab and increase the Video Memory to 128 MB, also enable the network adapter and click OK.
- Now go to USB and select USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller and click OK.
Step 5: Add the codes to VirtualBox.
Copying and pasting codes to VirtualBox is a simple process that can be completed in a few easy steps. First, open Command Prompt/CMD and run it as an administrator. Next, replace the virtual machine title with your actual virtual machine name. In my case, “mac os el capitan” . Finally, copy and paste each code step-by-step, pressing enter after each one.
Codes for Virtualbox 5.0.x
cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\” VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “mac os el capitan” –-cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata “mac os el capitan” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3” VBoxManage setextradata “mac os el capitan” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0” VBoxManage setextradata “mac os el capitan” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple” VBoxManage setextradata “mac os el capitan” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc” VBoxManage setextradata “mac os el capitan” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1 Codes for Virtualbox 4.x.x cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\” VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “Your VM Name” –-cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata “Your VM Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “MacBookPro11,3” VBoxManage setextradata “Your VM Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0” VBoxManage setextradata “Your VM Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple” VBoxManage setextradata “Your VM Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc” VBoxManage setextradata “Your VM Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
Step 6: Now Begin a clean installation of MacOS X El Capitan.
- Now, open VirtualBox, then click the Start button of VirtualBox to execute the setup.
- You will find a black window full of code. Wait for a second. It will finish.
- Within this step, select your Language, then click Proceed, or you can default also.
- Choose your keyboard layout and click Continue.
- Choose Don’t Transfer any info now and click on Continue.
- Choose your location providers, click the Continue button, and choose Do not Use.
- You need to provide your Apple or iCloud account. Therefore, when you have an Apple account, you can enter that. You can simply skip this step.
- Just click Continue and click Agree.
- Step 7: Create a Computer Account
- Enter your account name, and password and proceed.
- Select your time zone, click Continue.
- Click Continue.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Congratulations! You have successfully set up the macOS X El Capitan operating system on VirtualBox. You can now use it on VirtualBox just like on a Mac computer.
Conclusion: How to install MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox on Windows
That concludes the process of installing MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox for Windows. If you encounter any issues during this process, please feel free to leave a comment below. We welcome your suggestions and any shortcuts you may have. Don’t forget to subscribe to our website using your email address to stay up-to-date with our latest posts.
How to install MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox on Windows, install MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox, install MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox on Windows, install MacOS X El Capitan on Windows, MacOS X El Capitan on VirtualBox