In this article, we will discuss how to get a refund for an iOS app or subscription. Surely at least once, the thought occurred to you: “Why did I buy this app at all? It’s useless!” or “it would be better if I hadn’t made this subscription.” Indeed, sometimes the purchased application does not live up to expectations, although such cases have decreased since applications with a free trial period appeared. However, there are unscrupulous developers among the latter, so in a situation where you need to get a refund for an iOS app or subscription. Apple does not prohibit refunds for apps and subscriptions, but there are certain subtleties you need to know about.
If you made a purchase by accident or you didn’t like the app at all, you can get your money back.
How to get a refund for an iOS app?
The easiest way to get a refund for an iOS app is to go to the Apple website from any device.
- Go to the website reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click the button I need and select Request a refund… A list of applications and subscriptions available for reimbursement appears. Select the app for which you want to request a refund. Also, here you can get a refund for an iOS app.
Select Report A Problem
- Additional information is required to prevent Apple from rejecting your application. For example, you can indicate that the purchase was made by accident or by a child without your permission. There is also a reason “the purchased product is not working as expected.”
Please state your real reason for canceling your purchase.
- Send a request to Apple and wait for further instructions in the mail.
Choose a reason based on your situation, as Apple representatives may contact you in the future to clarify the details of the return. I do not advise you to cheat. If a lie is revealed in the future, you may be permanently prohibited from making a return on the App Store purchases.
How long does Apple return the money?
After processing your application with Apple, the company will either refuse you, give you a reason by email, or refund the money using the same payment method used to purchase the item. The refund period depends on the payment method.
- By bank card – up to 30 days. If during this time the money is not received, you must contact the bank.
- Using funds in the account in the App Store – up to 48 hours.
- Using a mobile phone account – for the appearance of a refund in the statement, you may need up to 60 days. The processing time depends on your cellular operator.
For what reasons may Apple refuse a refund?
In some cases, Apple may not satisfy your request. This usually happens for the following reasons: for example, if you have requested a refund too often in the last time, or you have already refunded for this reason. Apple is quite attentive to erroneous downloads by minors, in which case you will be strongly encouraged to set up Screen Time and limit purchases for children. If you do not do this, you may be denied a second request for funds.
I really would not want this article to be an incentive to start writing to Apple support en masse to get money back for applications that work great. Let’s be honest. And I will be thrilled if this article really helps you solve the problems you have encountered.