As of version 20H2, Windows 10 includes the Meet Now app for quick video conferencing found on the taskbar. Meet Now lets you create video meetings through your browser without logging into different accounts by entering usernames and passwords.
Undoubtedly, on a home computer, this application is not as important as for a business segment. In this case, we can remove the “Meet” application icon from the Windows 10 taskbar.
You can also read: How To Fix Vulkan-1.Dll Is Missing Or Not Found In Windows 10 In 2021
How to Disable/Enable “Meet Now” in Windows 10
Hide the icon from the taskbar
Right-click the “Meet” icon in the taskbar area and select “Hide.” It will not appear again until you turn it back on or it does not activate itself when the system is updated.
Disable or Enable Meet Now
If the Meet Now icon began to appear in the above way, we could remove it from the taskbar. For this:
- Press Win + I and select ” Personalization “> ” Taskbar “> on the right side ” Turn system icons on and off .”
- In the squeak, find ” Hold a meeting ” and disable it.
If you have hidden the icon as in method 1, then in this way, you can also enable it by tweaking the slider so that it is displayed on the taskbar.
Remove Meet Now via the registry.
A radical and effective way to remove “Hold a meeting,” as this application is just a link to interact with Skype to start.
- Press Win + R and type Regedit to open Registry Editor. Follow the path
- On the right, click on an empty field with the right mouse button and ” New “> ” Parameter (DWORD32 bits) “.
- Name it HideSCAMeetNow and double-click it to open the properties.
- Set the properties to 1 and restart your PC.
You can also read: Download MacOS Mojave Torrent Image — Latest Preview