If the PS4 fan is not regularly cleaned, the unit can become very noisy. Here’s how to keep your PlayStation 4 clean.
How to clean the PS4 fan manually?
Unfortunately, unlike the PlayStation 3, the PlayStation 4 doesn’t have a built-in auto-cleaning feature to help you remove dust from the insides of your device. Therefore, you will have to act on your own:
- Unplug the power cord before starting work. This reduces the risk of potential damage to equipment.
- To get rid of more solid dust particles, blow out all the device’s openings with a can of compressed air.
- Now it’s time for a vacuum cleaner. It is best to use a vacuum cleaner that does not have very high suction power or one that can be controlled.
- Do not start immediately vacuuming the fan, but approach it gradually. Check the vacuum cleaner’s suction power before you begin cleaning the device itself, not to damage the console if the power is suddenly too high.
- If you’ve already vacuumed your PlayStation, you can remove the smallest dirt with a cotton swab and a brush.
- Finally, connect all cables and turn on the box to check the noise level.
How to make sure your PS4 is not dirty?
Of course, no matter how good and thorough the cleaning of the device is, it is best to make it so that it is almost free of dust:
- Do not place the console too close to other objects. For example, if it is very close to walls, it can interfere with air circulation and accumulate dust. It will settle more easily on the chassis and fan, causing the console to overheat faster. It doesn’t matter if your PS4 is standing vertically or horizontally.
- Wipe away dust as often as possible around the PlayStation 4. This reduces the chance of dust getting inside the case and onto the fan.