Sometimes it makes sense to change your Apple ID – for example, is registered to an old email address. How to do this, we will tell in the article.
To change Apple ID, you need to find the Apple device’s corresponding function or on the manufacturer’s website.
Change Apple ID in iPhone and iPad settings.
In iOS device settings, you can switch to a different existing Apple ID or create a completely new one. This can be done as follows:
- Open “Settings” on your device (application with a gear icon).
- Click on your name or Apple ID.
- Now scroll to the very bottom.
- Click “Exit.” The system will ask for a password to confirm this step.
- Now you will be able to determine what data you want to delete or keep. Change the settings as per your requirement and confirm that you want to log out.
- Open Settings again.
- Select “Sign in to [device]” and sign in with your new Apple ID.
How to change your Apple ID in a browser
On the Apple website, you can change your Apple ID directly without creating a new account:
- Go to appleid.apple.com. Log in using your username and password.
- In the “Account” section, click the “Change” button on the right.
- Select Edit Apple ID.
- Enter a new email address that you want to use as your Apple ID in the future. Confirm by clicking “Continue.”
- A new message will be sent to your email. Click the link to confirm the change to Apple ID. Then you should be able to log in again as usual.