Hiding certain programs on a mobile phone is one of the ways to save important data in case of theft or loss of a gadget. Unfortunately, the OS of many phone models will not allow you to quickly and reliably “mask” confidential information. But there are still ways to hide specific applications from prying eyes.
Hide programs in safe folders
Some mobile phone developers add a feature such as “Storage” to the device. It allows you to create a safe space on your gadgets. For example, Samsung smartphones have a Safe Folder.
Some gadgets representing the Samsung Galaxy series allow you to hide files, various documents, pictures and entire applications, placing them in a protected folder. In the future, you can open this folder using a biometric security key or pin code.
Disabling a program instead of hiding it
Many users prefer not to hide applications, but simply disable them. In this case, the program icon will immediately disappear from the screen. System resources will not be able to use this software.
To disable the application, follow these steps:
- Go to the gadget settings.
- Select “Applications”.
- Find the application you need, immediately tap on it.
- On the page where the information is presented, disconnect by clicking on the appropriate button.
- A confirmation message should appear. If the decision to disconnect is final and deliberate, then click “OK”. From this point on, the application will cease to function. And the icon depicting him will disappear from the mobile phone screen.
- If in the future you want to resume using this program, you will have to search for it in the applications section, then tap, go into the settings and press the power button.
Using a third party program
Often, third-party applications downloaded from Google Play cannot be disabled. Therefore, hiding them on a smartphone is not an easy task. You will have to use a third-party program by selecting it on the Play Market. Calculator Vault is a great option. This software will allow you to disguise the application as something else.
Apex Launcher will also be helpful. It creates a new interface on the mobile phone, which contains protected folders. To access them, you will need to enter a password.
You can also hide apps using AppLock and Hide It Pro.
Have you ever thought about hiding apps on your mobile?