If you have been using Internet Download Manager, also known as IDM, then you would be facing a fake serial number error. In this article, you will learn How to Fix IDM Fake Serial Number Error (100% working).
The reason why this fake serial number error comes up is that you have either registered IDM with a serial number that has been used by multiple people.
Or you have used an IDM serial number that has been put on the internet, and the developers have banned the serial number for activation.
Now, we know how frustrating it can be to see the error message that your IDM has been registered with a fake serial number.
It can also be embarrassing when you are in a meeting, and this error message pops up, so you would like to know how to fix IDM fake serial number error.
In this guide, we will share the best and only working method to fix the IDM fake serial number error.
How to Fix IDM Fake Serial Number Error
Before we proceed with this guide, we want to tell you that the method has been personally tested by us.
This means that this method is working, and you will not have any issues, unlike other guides on the internet that are not working.
After testing tons and tons of methods to fix this IDM fake serial number error, we have found the only way to be working and shared it below:
So let’s get started with this method:
- First of all, you need to download this file (Internet Download Manager by techrechard) which contains the full installation files of IDM as well as a patch file that we will need for activation.
- Once you have downloaded the file, you will have to extract it because it is a .rar file.
- However, you need to perform a few important steps before extracting the downloaded file.
- The first step is to uninstall the current version of IDM that is installed on your PC.
- To do this, go to Windows Start Menu and search for “Control Panel” and open the Control Panel.
- Inside the Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” under the Programs category.
- Select “Full” during the IDM Uninstallation process to remove all the files that are stored on your PC and follow all the steps carefully.
- Once IDM is uninstalled, restart the computer and follow the next steps.
- Now that IDM is uninstalled and PC is restarted, you need to turn off your PC’s internet and also disable your Windows Firewall.
- The reason is that we are going to patch the IDM files and if the internet and firewall are activated then the patch file will be deleted.
- To do so, first turn off your WiFi on the PC or Laptop so that the internet is disconnected.
- Next, go to Windows Start Menu and search “Windows Security” and open the same.
- Inside Windows Security, go to “Virus and Threat Protection” and click to open it.
- In “Virus and Threat Protection“, go to Virus and Threat Protection Settings > Manage Settings and click to open it.
- Here, disable the “Real-time protection” toggle.
- Now, go back to the folder we had downloaded in Step 1 and extract that to the same folder.
- But before extraction, the folder will ask you for a password. Enter “techrechard.com” as password and the folder will be extracted.
- Once the folder is extracted, you will see two files named “AIO Patcher” and “IDM.exe“
- Run the “IDM.exe” file by double-clicking on it and install Internet Download Manager once again.
- This will give you the “fake serial number error” once again but don’t worry as we will be able to fix it.
- Go to the IDM installation folder which we can find by right-clicking on IDM installation files from the desktop.
- Once you right-click on IDM, click on “Open File Location” and the installation folder will be opened.
- This will be inside Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Internet Download Manager.
- Inside this folder, you need to paste the “AIO Patcher” file that we have downloaded in Step 1.
- So copy the file from that folder and paste it inside this folder.
- Once the file is pasted, it might ask for administrator permissions and you can press “OK”.
- After that, run the same file and click on “Patch” and you will see that your IDM will be patched with a serial number.
- Once you see a message “patched successfully” as seen in the screenshot above then you can close the patcher.
- You can now open IDM to verify if the patch was indeed successful or not.
- Make sure that you do not update your IDM application after it has been patched otherwise the fake serial number error will return after the update has been installed.
- Now, you can turn on your internet as well as the windows security so that your PC is safe once again.
So in this article, we have shared the 100% working method to fix IDM fake serial number error, and it is also worth noting that you do not need to tweak any files or delete anything to solve this error.
Also, the antivirus will be disabled for a short time only, and you can run a scan after the patching process is complete to remove any virus.
If you are still getting the “IDM fake serial number error” after this solution, feel free to comment below, and we will get back to you with a fix.
Here is a complete video tutorial that you can use-