In this post, we will learn How to Compress Photos on iPhone and Free up Space? An extensive collection of photos is one of the leading “space eaters” on modern smartphones. The photo collection can be accumulated for several years and transferred from one iPhone to another through backups and iCloud.
I am sure that you do not remove unnecessary pictures and clean up your gallery from time to time. This forces you to constantly choose a new model of the iPhone with large storage space.
There’s a great way to compress photos on iPhone and free up space. This method will help you free up space on your iPhone you can not imagine.
You can also read: Wallpaper Automation on iOS: 3 Easy to change Wallpaper with Time of Day
How to Compress Photos on iPhone and Free up Space?
1. First step is to download an app called Compress Photos and Pictures from your app store. You can download the Compress Photos & Pictures on the App Store (apple.com) here.
2. Open the Compress Photos and Pictures app once the app is installed.
3. Select the pictures that take up too much space on your iPhone and free up space on them.
4. Select the degree of compression that you want to select. More the degree of compression, the lesser the size. NOTE: If you select high compression, you might have a low-quality picture. So, choose wisely. This will help you compress photos on your iPhone and free up space.
I will recommend testing the compression first on the first few initial pictures and seeing the reduced quality level. The degree of compression is not to put less than 75%, and the size to use from 80% and above.
5. After testing the compression results. Suppose you are satisfied with the image quality. You can go ahead and delete the original pictures and remove them from Recently Deleted as well.
The compression algorithms are pretty intelligent. Suppose you twist the sliders to a recommended minimum scale of 75% and 80%, respectively. You can compress the photo on iPhone around 8-9 times. With more gentle parameters, the pictures are compressed 2-3 times.
This is the easiest way to compress photos on iPhone and free up space for new photos.
Compress Photos and Pictures free version limits you to 3 photos per compression. If you want to compress more photos on a single blow, you can go for Compress Photos and Pictures Pro plan. Compress Photos and Pictures Pro’s built-in price is $3.99/year or $9.99 for a lifetime.
In any case, it is an acceptable price for the opportunity to Compress Photos on iPhone and Free up Space.