In this post, we will learn How to Compress Photos on iPhone and Free up Space? A large collection of photos is one of the main “space eaters” on modern smartphones. The photo collection can be accumulated for several years and transferred from one iPhone to another through backups and iCloud.
I am sure that you do not remove unnecessary pictures and clean up your gallery from time to time. This forces you to constantly choose a new model of the iPhone with large storage space.
There’s a great way to compress photos on iPhone and free up space. This method will help you free up space on your iPhone that you can not even imagine.
You can also read: Wallpaper Automation on iOS: 3 Easy to change Wallpaper with Time of Day
How to Compress Photos on iPhone and Free up Space?
1. First step is to download an app called Compress Photos and Pictures from your app store. You can directly download the Compress Photos & Pictures on the App Store (apple.com) here.
2. Once the app is installed, open the Compress Photos and Pictures app.
3. Select the pictures that are taking up too much of space on your iPhone and free up space on it.
4. Select the degree of compression that you want to select. More the degree of compression, the lesser the size. NOTE: If you select a high degree of compression, you might end up with a low-quality picture. So, choose wisely. This will help you compress photos on iPhone and free up space.
I will recommend testing the compression first on the first few initial pictures and see the level of quality that has been reduced. The degree of compression is not to put less than 75%, and the size to use from 80% and above.
5. After testing the compression results. Suppose you are satisfied with the image quality. You can go ahead and delete the original pictures and remove them from Recently Deleted as well.
The compression algorithms are pretty smart. Suppose you twist the sliders to a recommended minimum scale of 75% and 80%, respectively. You can compress the photo on iPhone around 8-9 times. With more gentle parameters, the pictures are compressed 2-3 times.
This is the easiest way to compress photos on iPhone and free up space for new photos.
With Compress Photos and Pictures free version, you are limited to 3 photos per compression. If you want to compress more photos on a single blow, you can go for Compress Photos and Pictures Pro plan. Compress Photos, and Pictures Pro’s built-in price is $3.99/year or $9.99 for a lifetime.
In any case, it is an acceptable price for the opportunity to Compress Photos on iPhone and Free up Space.