Bloomberg analysts, based on the collected information, announced a complete list of new devices that Apple will present in the coming months. Interestingly, the Cupertino-based company is counting on increased demand for its new 5G smartphones – this year alone, Apple is going to ship about 75-80 million new iPhones with support for fifth-generation networks.
So, according to Bloomberg, next fall we are waiting for the following new items:
- four new iPhones with OLED screens in 5.4 ″, 6.1 ″ and 6.7 ″ – the main models of the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Max in an aluminium case will be presented in 5.4 ″ and 6.1 ″, and the premium iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max is available in 6.1 ″ and 6.7 ″ steel cases. All four models will receive 5G support and updated design with less rounded edges. The line will receive a new dark blue colour instead of green, and LIDAR will be used only in the older 6.7-inch model of the iPhone 12 Pro Max;
- the new iPad Air tablet will receive an updated design in the style of the iPad Pro line, but analysts do not mention the updated iPad mini model (perhaps Apple decided that the company’s large smartphones will gradually replace its own small tablets). Leaks indicate that the new product will receive thinner screen bezels and a Touch ID fingerprint scanner built into the power button;
- two new models of smartwatches Apple Watch at once – the fresh Apple Watch Series 6 with maximum functionality and a more affordable model with basic functionality, which will replace the outdated Apple Watch Series 3 in the line;
- a more compact and cheaper smart speaker Apple HomePod;
- new over-ear headphones under Apple’s own brand rather than as a Beats model.
The Bloomberg analyst report also mentions that Apple is working on updating the Apple TV with a more powerful processor and new remote control, but the company may not have time to submit it before the end of this year.
Earlier it was reported that Apple saved on the batteries of the new iPhones to offset the costs of 5G. The presentation of new Apple smartphones is expected in September, and the start of sales in October (iPhone 12) and November (iPhone 12 Pro), respectively.
Source: The verge