Table of Contents
In this article, you will learn how to back up a system partition using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE—installing the program, preparing the partition for backup, creating and restoring a backup copy!
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE is a software package that includes tools for backing up and restoring files, folders, partitions, tools for destroying information, creating bootable media, and tools for disk administration.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager25 Anniversary LE System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Supported File Systems
- Apple HFS+.
How to Backup and Restore with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE: Step by Step Guide
Installing Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE
- Run the installation file Hard Disk Manager25 Anniversary LE. The download link will be provided with the license email.
- In the License Agreement window that opens, accept the license agreement, click the check box in the I accept the Software License Agreement checkbox and click Next.
- Enter the license key to the program and click the Install button. (Get FREE license from here)
- In the software installation pop-up window for this device, click the Install button.
- When the installation is complete, click finish and launch Paragon Hard Disk Manager
How to Backup with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE
In this example, a backup will be created on the backup partition of the second hard drive.
- In the main application window in the sidebar, select the Backup & Recovery section.
The Backup & Recovery section provides quick access to the program’s data backup and recovery functions.
- To back up the system partition of the hard disk, you must select Backup source.
- In the Select backup source dialog box that opens, you need to specify what you want to back up: all local disks of the computer (Entire Computer), certain disks/partitions (Disk/volumes), or files/folders (Files/Folders). To create a backup copy of the system partition, select Disk/Volumes.
- In the next dialog box, Select Disk and/or volumes you need to back up, you need to select the system partition, in automatic mode the necessary hidden partitions will be highlighted. In this example (Fig.9) there are 3 hidden partitions (Windows recovery partition – 517 MB, MSR partition – 16 MB and encrypted (EFI) partition – 100 MB). Click OK.
- Next, you must specify the path to save the backup image. In this example, a backup will be created on the backup partition of the second hard drive. To do this, select Destination in the Backup & Recovery section.
- In the Select backup destination dialog box that opens, specify the directory where to save the backup. You can specify the path to a folder located on one of the internal hard disk partitions (Local folders), or select an external drive (External drives), or specify the path to the network resource to save the backup (Network locations).
Also, in this window, you can change the name of the backup task (Fig.12).
If you need to fine-tune the backup you are creating to automate the backup process, protect the backup data from unauthorized access. You can configure additional settings by selecting the Options or Backup strategy tabs. These settings are described in Advanced Backup Options in Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE. As a rule, for most cases, the default settings are suitable.
- To start the backup process, you must click the Back up now button.
The backup process starts. Its duration depends on the volume of the partition.
- When the backup is complete, the system will notify you that the backup is complete. Click OK.
How to Restore A Backup with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE: Step by Step Guide
- The backup timeline displays previously created backups. Once you have selected the one you want, you can proceed to the process of restoring the backup.
- To restore a backup copy of a system partition, you must select the desired backup in the timeline and select the Restore operation from the drop-down list.
- By selecting the Volume icon, you can specify the partitions to be restored from the backup by selecting the Original location icon – you can specify the partition(s) where the backup will be restored.
- Click the Restore now button.
- In the Submit restore operations pop-up dialog box, you must select whether to verify the integrity of the backup before you start the restore process. Since restoring a corrupted backup can lead to data loss, it is recommended that you select Check, then restore.
In the next window, select Restart the computer to restart the computer and restore a backup copy of the system partition.
When the backup restore process is complete, the computer will restart.
I hope this guide on How to Backup and Restore with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE was easy. If you face any issues, please comment below.