Table of Contents
Apple has officially released the second beta of iOS 17 to developers, bringing a range of changes and updates for iPhone users. While it’s important to note that early betas can be prone to issues and changes, we’ve gathered all the details on what’s new in iOS 17 beta 2. Let’s dive in.
Release Schedule for iOS 17
The iOS 17 beta is currently available for developer beta testers. The public beta is expected to launch sometime in July, with the general public release set for September. It’s crucial to exercise caution when installing beta software, as issues and instability may arise.
iOS 17 Beta 2: What to Expect
The second beta of a major iOS update is typically less eventful, as Apple hasn’t had ample time to address significant issues and user feedback. Notably, iOS 17 beta 2 was compiled on June 10, shortly after WWDC. The third beta is anticipated to introduce more significant changes and features.
Notable Features and Changes in iOS 17 Beta 2
- The software update interface in the Settings app has received a redesigned look.
- iOS 17 beta 2 now enables the connection of two iPhones for AirDrop, a feature announced at WWDC but absent in the first beta.
- The Settings app on iPhone includes a dedicated section for managing data and settings in the Fitness app.
- iPadOS 17 beta 2 allows users to Shift-click in Spotlight to add a window to the current workspace in Stage Manager.
- Crossfade for Apple Music now features a slider to control the duration of song transitions, addressing a functionality issue from iOS 17 beta 1.
- CarPlay introduces new wallpapers that can be downloaded and viewed separately.
Share Your Discoveries
If you have any additional changes or updates in iOS 17 beta 2 or iPadOS 17 beta 2, feel free to share them with us in the comments below or on Twitter @techrechard. Stay tuned for our comprehensive hands-on roundup of the latest releases as we continue to explore and cover the updates throughout the week.